Product Review websites abound on the internet, but they are far from all being equal when it comes to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites are most often unbiased at first glance, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to only promote products favorably, so they can make money via affiliate links.
Here are some methods to assess if a site and its owner(s) are merely in it for the money, or maybe they feature honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented product reviews:
1. Who Runs the web page? An actual review site will have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the site (and oftentimes why they started it.) Too many sites that claim to be ‘product review’ sites are actually run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, if in fact their sole intent is to only recommend every product they write about.
2. Carry out the Reviewers or Site Owners Get The Products Themselves? This can be a critical factor for review integrity. Much like research studies, there is a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of a product when the reviewer failed to pay for it himself. The fact that a reviewer covers the product(s) him or herself speaks volumes with regards to their impartiality and capability to remain objective throughout the review.
3. Does the site Review an Array of Products or Just One Single? A website that reviews many different products is more likely to be neutral along with a true review site when compared to a site where just a single item is reviewed. Why would someone go to the trouble of creating a site for only one product and after that provide a negative review? Of course the review will likely be positive (although sometimes they could throw in a negative comment or two to provide the look of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are well-liked by affiliate marketers because the search engines give strong weight to using keywords in the domain name (url title.) Therefore if the merchandise being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then employing a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will most likely give that site a greater position in the search engines.
4. Carry out the Reviewers Only Have Positive Items to Say about the Products They Review? A totally neutral product review site will have both positive and negative reviews. If all of the reviews on a site are glowing, and every item is endorsed, then there’s a good bet the reviewer is serving his own interests instead of those of the consumer.
5. Does the Review Headline Make use of the Word ‘Scam’? It is a classic tactic used by many unscrupulous reviewers to use keywords in the title in addition to give the appearance of shoring the trust factor. A sample headline might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a Scam?” – as it utilizes the keyword phrase within the title, in addition to that phrase will mirror what people type in the search box if they have questions on a product.
These are simply several key factors to look for when assessing the integrity of the product review website. Remember that honest product review sites are available. As being a a consumer, you should evaluate a site’s integrity prior to deciding to trust its reviews.
By creating review websites, you happen to be branding yourself as being an expert. Readers will follow your recommendations and click on the suggested links to go to a certain site for additional information. Once they do, their cookie will be tracked to your recommendation. You’ll obtain a commission should they buy. Your expertise is even more assured if you have had personal experience with the item and can mention some of its chief benefits and features inside your review.
On the consumer product review sites, you can even add an author’s resource section if you appreciate. It is really not necessary, however it will add to your credibility. The more relevant your experience to the niche, the better it will enhance ejyyqi status as an expert. Reviewing certain goods and services tells the reader that you are searching for their interests with checked out the organization for them. You have checked it out on their behalf. You might have done the due diligence.
Newspapers and magazines have cinema or restaurant reviews, so establishing yourself as being a reviewer of varied websites related to your sector is a concept that is not very alien for many people to feel comfortable with. Becoming an online reviewer of online products or services is definitely an easily acceptable strategy.